Benoit Paire voiced his frustration after testing positive for the virus ahead of the Australian Open.
“Hello, my name is Benoit Paire and for the 250th time I am positive for COVID,” the Frenchman said on Twitter.
“Honestly I can’t deal with this COVID s*** any more.”
“But because of all these quarantines spent in a room on the other side of the world I don’t feel good mentally!!” he added.
“Last year was tough and this year starts off the same way!”
Paire, who is fully vaccinated, was set to play the Melbourne major, which begins on January 17.
The 32-year-old was forced to pull out of the 2020 US Open after testing positive. The following month he returned another positive test when he arrived in Germany to play the Hamburg Open.
Paire, ranked 46th, was part of the playing group who had to endure 14 days of hard quarantine ahead of this year’s edition of the Australian Open.
After being knocked out in the first round, Paire lashed out at organisers, saying quarantine conditions for players had been “shameful”.
Last month Paire had voiced his support for Australian Open organisers’ mandate for all competing players and participants to be vaccinated or have a medical exemption granted by an independent panel of experts.
Paire is one of the players who has struggled to cope with the effects of the pandemic.
Last year, he had said he hated bubble life and was playing tennis just for the pay cheque.
The Frenchman had started 2021 on a disastrous note, losing 17 of his first 19 matches. Paire was barred by his national federation from competing in the Tokyo Olympics due to his attitude.