After adult website debut, Tomic back on tennis court

Bernard Tomic, who had appeared on an adult website with his girlfriend, returned to the tennis court on Monday

0
5154
Bernard Tomic had appeared in a video for an adult website earlier in the month

Bernard Tomic made a low-key return to the tennis court on Monday as he competed at the UTR Pro Tennis series in Brisbane.

Playing his first competitive match since March, the 28-year-old won nine games in a row to finish off the match against fellow Queenslander Maverick Banes 6-3, 6-0 on Monday.

ALSO READ: Murray opens up on sexism towards Mauresmo

The career path of Tomic, who won two junior Grand Slam titles, has veered off track a few times. None more so than his debut on adult website OnlyFans with girlfriend Vanessa Sierra earlier in the month.

Sierra, who appeared on Love Island in 2019, has OnlyFans account, in which an account holder charges fans a fee to see the content, which is usually X-rated.

Sharpen your forehand with our FREE guide

She put up a promo video in which he’s kissing her backside with the caption: “Verified. Oops I convinced Tomic to do something bad go to my website to see the video sorry mum.”

Sierra was later quoted saying that it was Tomic’s idea to appear in the video.

ALSO READ: Challenge to keep tennis fans after Big 4 retire, says Thiem

He hasn’t played a Tour match since the shutdown due to Coronavirus outbreak in March. A former top-20 player, Tomic is currently ranked 226 in the world and has made more news for his moody behavior.

The Australian has been fined on multiple occasions for tanking matches. At Wimbledon 2017, he lost to Mischa Zverev in straight sets in an hour and 19 minutes and later claimed that he felt ‘a little bored out there.’

ALSO READ: Medvedev claims his ‘best victory’ to win ATP Finals

“I never loved tennis,” he had once said. “I am just going to go about it as a job.

“I think all my career’s been around 50 per cent and I haven’t really tried and really achieved all this, so [it’s] just amazing what I have done.

ALSO READ: Djokovic shows solidarity with Zverev, says ‘Stay strong’

“Wouldn’t anyone want to take a job in a professional sport in one of the biggest sports in the world and only give 50, 60 per cent and earn millions of dollars? I think everybody would take that.”

After he failed to qualify for the 2018 australian open, when asked if it represented a career crossroads, he replied: “I just count money, that’s all I do. I count my millions,” he said.

ALSO READ: ‘It feels very, very dark,’ says Tsitsipas about life in a bubble

ATP profile says he has earned $6,115,655 in prize money so far.

LEAVE A REPLY