Novak Djokovic has not yet officially pulled out of the Indian Wells Masters and featues in the men’s singles draw as the No 2 seed.
However, doubts over his participation remain as he is not vaccinated.
Every non-US citizen entering the United States, the host country of Indian Wells, is required to be fully vaccinated against the virus.
“Novak Djokovic is on the tournament entry list, and therefore is placed into the draw today,” a statement from the tournament said on Tuesday.
“We are currently in communication with his team; however, it has not been determined if he will participate in the event by getting CDC approval to enter the country. We will provide updates in the future as we learn more.”
A few weeks ago, Djokovic had told the BBC that he was willing to sacrifice titles, including the Grand Slams, if forced to take the jabs.
Djokovic had been deported from Australia in January because he was not inoculated and the Australian Open had a vaccination mandate.
Having missed out on a chance to participate at the Melbourne major, where he was the defending champion, Djokovic has slipped to No 2 in the world rankings.
World No 1 Daniil Medvedev is the top seed at Indian Wells.